Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lip Plumpers Review

Hello my darlings!

I thought I'd make my first product review, and I decided to make a comparison on some of my lip plumpers :)

I'm really self-conscious when it comes to my lips, I wish they were a little bigger (or a lot bigger wouldn't hurt either). For years I've been searching for a magic solution, but I've been only getting dissapointed. But the cosmetics industry is progressing and I believe soon, the magic solution WILL occur, and all of us little-lipped ladies will be able to enjoy the seductive pouty lips we are so envious of Scarlet and Angie for!

For now, let me review on my recent discoveries (and 3 older products I stumbled upon) :D I've used over 20 different lip plumpers, but as I either used them up, or moved places and left them behind, I'm only left with 6 of them for a review. In another post I will describe some more that I've used, but there isn't any particular that I really, really liked so I don't even feel like there is a need. I will start from the favorite one to the least favorite one, so that you can see in which order I ranked them :D

Also since for months now I'm not buying any animal tested products, and will try to avoid reviewing them in the future (the plumper review was important for me to do though), I will also tell you whether the products are cruelty free or not.


1. Lip Fusion XL *****
What I like about it: I feel the plumpness even when it wears off, and when I wake up in the morning, I have the bee stung feeling for a few more hours:) Some plumpers are really just giving the plump effect when they are on, and this one, I'm really pleased with in that sense :)

FACTS:
By: Fusion Beauty
Price: 50 EUR (I know right!)
I bought it: online , but you can get it at Sephora
It works in two ways: it has micro collagen and HA, this means that the little particles are absorbed under your skin, and when mix with body water particules, they enlarge and so cause the plumping:)

OPINIONS:
Lasting: pretty long, and even when the shine wears off I feel it
Colour: No color, not very shiny (which I like too)
Texture: a little sticky, but not so dense. 
Smell: Fruity and minty
Packaging: 8.22 gram, gorgeous

PLUMPING:
long term: 4/5 (closest to the still bob existing magic one:P )
short term: 3/5 (short term, go for 'too faced' plumper)

In short: The absolute favorite, I've been using it only for a week each night and I can see a slight difference, which never actually happened before:) Less lines and a little fuller. Still not what I wish to have, but then I really had tiny lips so won't complain and will be using patiently :))

I am not sure about animal testing, I was told they are cruelty free at the counter, if any of you knows, please write me a comment:)

2. Lip Injection Extreme ****

FACTS:
By: Too Faced
Price: 24.99  EUR
I bought it: Sephora
Works by: 'Quadra advanced lip plumping serum', collagen particles in short ;)



OPINIONS:
Lasting: maybe half an hour, you'll need to reapply constantly
Colour: white, pearly colour, but when applied it's see through, very shiny and makes lips red.
Texture: Not as sticky, quite light. Stingy
Smell: Fruity :)
Packaging: 6 gram, cute design


Here is the result: (the lighting is different, and when I have my camara I will make pics again, (as for now: mac phone booth), I will compare a usual gloss with a plumping gloss to see if it's not just the shine)

PLUMPING:
long term: I don't think any..
short term: 4/5  bee-stung effect noticeable :)

In short: For quick fix - this is it ladies! But I'm not liking the lasting, stinging and colour my lips get, when applying it. Other then that it's really got my heart:)

And yeaay! They don't test on animals! <3

3. Filler Collagene by L'oreal (volumising cream not a gloss) ***


FACTS:
Works by: works as a cream, so it moisturises and on top has a collagen formula
Price: 19 Eur
I bought it: Corte Ingles, Spain (you can get it online)




OPINIONS:
Lasting: around 2 hours
Colour: none
Texture: cream, light, moisturising
Smell: none
Packaging: A tube with double ending: one for countour and one for the whole lip

PLUMPING:
long term: I suppose a little bit, as it improves overal condition of the lip and prevents it from drying
short term: 3/5 Pretty good:)

I like it because it's a cream. I really love that it's not a gloss, so I can use it at uni, gym and etc:)
And you can't say that the lips are bigger cuz of the illusion of light reflecting on the shine :)


It's too bad really that they test on animals, because now I can't re-purchase it, when it runs out...

4. Dior Addict Lip Maximizer: Collagen Activ ***

FACTS:
By: Dior
Price: around 30 Eur
I bought it: My mom gave it to me, and I believe she got it on a plane :)
Works by: collagen formula, and shine



OPINIONS:
Lasting: like any other lip gloss, around half an hour
Colour: see through a little pink tint, it has no glitter
Texture: Rather sticky
Smell: mint, little bit flowery
Packaging: 6ml, very pretty and classy

PLUMPING:
long term: 2/5
short term: 3/5 a nice cooling feeling, make u feel the plumpness



Now the above two plumpers are drugstore products, and  believe they will be quite comparable, with other cheap brands, I tried many before, from English drug stores and they were pretty much the same:)
Cruelty Free!

5 IQ Lip Booster *

FACTS:
By: IQ cosmetics
Price: Can't remember really... around 5 eur
I bought it: BIPA, Austria

OPINIONS:
Lasting: half an hour
Colour: white, snowy, with glitter
Texture: sticky
Smell: strong mint
Packaging: 6 ml, pretty

PLUMPING:
long term: 0/5
short term: 2/5

This is more of a gloss rather then a plumper. I have had it for a longest time ever, so I can't seem to find the price online, and am not sure of they have these outside of Austria and Germany..

6. B basic lip volumizer

This one is a drug store product I got about a year ago. It really is just a lip gloss only a little minty. It does mae you feel like your lips are poutier though.
I got it in DM in Slovakia, but they should have it in any drugstore in Europe, (and probably a little more difficult to find in USA and UK though)

FACTS:
Price: around 2 EUR
I bought it: DM (Drug Store)
How it works: It has 'maxi lip complex' (?) and menthol

OPINIONS:
Lasting: few minutes
Colour: tinted baby pink with glitter
Texture: quite dense and sticky
Smell: mint
Packaging: 5 ml, not too original

PLUMPING:
long term: 0/5
short term: 1/5

IN SHORT: if you like cooling effect of mint on your lips, you might just rub some toothpaste on them :)

***



CONCLUSION:
I love the LipFusion XL and Too Faced the most, I would recommend using the Fusion at night and Lip Injection during the day, Before you buy the Too Faced plumper try to find out if any of your friends have it so that you can try it on your lips before, as you might have a reaction to it, or be too sensitive to use it. In case it is to stingy, you can try the ordinary LipFusion, which comes in colours and is 10 Eur cheaper:) I haven't tried it but I'm only hearing positive reviews :)
And of course if you do try it, let me know! :D


I'm thinking to make an update after a month to let you guys know the results of Lip Fusion XL and to try the Coastal Scents plumper since I heards it was good!

Also let me just say, these are my personal experineces with these products, on some they may work differently then on the others, so it's not a definite review. Some girls have more sensitive skin on their lips, and can find bearing with "Too Faced" to painful, and others can't even feel the stinging and plumping. So you can use this as a reference but not a final judgement please :)


Ok so I think that's it, I'll make an update if something more comes to my mind:) Also soon I will post a note on my lip boosting rituals,  before and after pics together with a tutorial :)


Take care !


xoxo 

2 comments:

  1. great post ! U are from London ? :) kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank U for the comment ! :)
    Oh I love London ! How is the life there ? :)
    I have my blog since June ! :D
    xoxo, Mandy <3

    ReplyDelete